Private Cardiac Diagnosis and Treatment At Sancta Maria Hospital.
Cardiovascular (heart and circulatory) disease causes more than a quarter of all deaths in the UK – an average of 425 people die each day from the disease, that is one every three minutes. Coronary heart disease is the most common cause of premature death in the UK with 1 in 7 men and 1 in 10 women dying from the disease. Those statistics can of course be changed by the early detection and treatment of coronary heart disease and its risk factors. Symptoms of heart disease may include chest pain, shortness of breath, leg swelling, fatigue, palpitations (awareness of the heart beating unusually), dizzy spells and alteration or loss of consciousness.
At Sancta Maria Hospital, we provide a dedicated private cardiology service that deals with the investigation, diagnosis, and medical treatment of disorders of the heart and blood vessels as well as identification and treatment of important risk factors such as hypertension (high blood pressure) and lipid abnormalities (high cholesterol).
The heart and supporting anatomy are a complex and vital system for life and as such has a broad range of conditions that require management and treatment. The experienced cardiologists at Sancta Maria Hospital each have their own sub-specialisations, and so we can offer you the right specialist for your specific needs.
We provide a comprehensive range of non-invasive diagnostic tests for diagnosing and treating all heart conditions within our outpatient facilities carried out by experienced consultant cardiologists and cardiac physiologists. Patients will benefit from fast, direct and convenient appointments where consultant cardiologists can accurately diagnose and provide the necessary tailored care to help you manage your condition.
Common diagnostic procedures performed at Sancta Maria Hospital Include:
- ECG (electrocardiogram)
- 24-hour to 7-day ECG monitoring
- 24-hour Blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Implantable loop recorder devices (Is this service provided at Sancta or do JB and DT do these elsewhere – Spire/Morriston?)
- Blood tests including comprehensive lipid assessment (detailed cholesterol l)
Other Specialist Investigations performed by our team at local specialist centres include
- Cardiac CT angiography for non-invasive imaging of the coronary arteries, aorta and other cardiac structures.
- Myocardial Perfusion imaging, using low dose radiotracers to investigate the blood flow to the heart
- Cardiac Catheterisation – Use of a specialist X-Ray machine and a long, thin, flexible tube inserted via a blood vessel in the arm or groin to get real-time detailed images of the coronary arteries, heart and major blood vessels as well as make important pressure readings within the heart and circulation.
How to book a private Cardiology consultation at HMT Sancta Maria Hospital
To discuss your treatment options with one of our Cardiology consultants, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 01792479040