Providing affordable healthcare to Swansea and South Wales for over 60 years.

1958

Surgeons Mr Tanner and Mr Cellan-Jones join forces with Ursulines of Jesus sisters to takeover the former Brunswick Nursing Home and transform it into a six bed private nursing hospital renaming it Sancta Maria.

1962

A larger premises combining Sancta Maria with the neighbouring Mirador is completed, creating a new operating theatre and more patient rooms.

1980

First X-Ray unit gifted to Sancta Maria marking a major improvement in patient care.

1983

Sancta Maria Nursing Home becomes Sancta Maria Hospital reflecting a diversification from just care for the elderly over the last 25 years.

1985

HMT was registered with The Charity Commission.

1988

HMT invests £500k on improvements and equipment. Ursuline Sisters remain on management committee and staff the Hospital.

2019

Construction of the new state-of-the-art HMT Sancta Maria hospital and advance diagnostics unit commences in Swansea’s SA1 waterfront district.

2020

New HMT Sancta Maria hospital due to open in late Autumn.