Dr Avad Mughal is a consultant dermatologist working mainly in Singleton Hospital in Swansea. He qualified from the then University of Wales College of Medicine and began working in acute specialties such as accident and emergency, cardiology and chest medicine. After passing membership of the Royal College of Physicians he began higher training in Dermatology where he developed a special interest in allergy, including type I allergy and cutaneous allergy where he has focused his research and publications. He has expertise in patch testing for contact dermatitis and type I testing for food allergy and other common allergies.
Dr Mughal is very active in the field of both undergraduate and postgraduate dermatology training and currently leads on this. He is a founding trustee of Skin Care Cymru, a charity that supports anyone with skin disease in Wales. He also co-edits the journal ‘Clinical and Experimental Dermatology’ for the British Association of Dermatologists. Dr. Mughal is also very active in improving dermatology services across Wales and is a founding member of the Cross Party Group on Skin. He has now been elected a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.
Dr Avad Mughal holds the following positions of responsibility:
- Consultant in Dermatology, Cutaneous Allergy and Biologics
- Audit lead for Hywel Dda and ABMU West Dermatology
- All Wales Therapeutics and Toxicology Committee representative
- Training Programme Director for South wales Dermatology
- Training lead for Dermatology Forum of Wales
- Honorary Senior Lecturer at Swansea University
- Senior Lecturer at Cardiff University
- Co-Editor of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology
- Trustee of Skin Care Cymru
- Member of the Welsh Assembly Cross Party Group on Skin