Following the successful opening of our brand-new state-of-the-art hospital situated in the SA1 area of Swansea, we are looking for experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic staff to join our busy and diverse Theatre Department.
We are only private hospital in Swansea offering a wide range of procedures carried out by a number of our leading consultants. As a not-for-profit organisation, Sancta Maria hospital is passionate about putting the patient first.
You will support a wide range of surgical specialities due to the complexity of services offered at HMT Sancta Maria Hospital and pride ourselves on providing training and career development to our teams.
We welcome Full-time Operating Theatre Assistant applications as we aim to support our growing teams and continuing development of our new hospital.
The post holder will act as circulating member of the team for surgical cases over a variety of specialties. The Operating Theatre Assistants will support the consultants and Endoscopy Lead to provide services within the department. They will take an active role in identifying their learning needs and be proactive in closing knowledge and skills gaps, creating and sustaining a firm foundation within in the department to underpin practice.
The Operating Theatre Assistant will take an active role in identifying and contributing to process improvement and participate in quality monitoring activities.
- Participate in Theatre equipment checks to ensure it is suitable for use prior to each patients operation
- Assisting with other members of the team in the preparation and clearing of Theatres.
- Assist in the safe handling, transfer and positioning of patients between all areas of the theatre department
- Assisting with the labelling and dispatch of the theatre specimens.
- Assisting in the compiling of the operations register. Maintain accurate patient documentation.
- Processing Scopes used for Endoscopy cases
- To use the correct procedure when handing a patient into the care of another healthcare professional, giving the correct information and instruction.
Variable Shifts Patterns: Mainly Long days, Earlies or Lates and includes Weekends
HMT recognises that its staff represent the single most important lever in delivering quality care and change as care and treatments evolve. For these reasons and because of our ethical framework as a charity, we aspire to make HMT the employer of choice within the area.
At HMT Sancta Maria Hospital you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a developed workforce which has the appropriate time to care for their patients. We want our people to be skilled, motivated, informed and engaged to perform their roles to the highest standard. Once you’re part of our team, we’ll also be working with you to ensure that the work you do with us remains challenging and engaging throughout your career as you develop and progress.
- Enhanced pay for unsociable hours
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Workplace pension
- On-going training and development
- Quality work environment
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Long Service Recognition
- Wellbeing Programmes
- Team Working
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Full Job Description can be downloaded below.
To apply, please download the below HMT application form and upload it via the 'APPLY NOW' button.
HMT reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
Following the closing date, you will only be contacted should you be shortlisted for interview.
This post subject to Disclosure and Barring Services Disclosure.