We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance and Commercial Assistant to join our finance team at Sancta Maria Hospital. This is a pivotal position within the Finance Team, reporting to and deputising for the Finance and Commercial Manager.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist with analysis for all hospital statistical data and procedure costing and playing a key role in assisting with the month end and budgeting and forecasting process.
We are the only private hospital in Swansea offering a wide range of procedures carried out by a number of our leading consultants. As a not-for-profit organisation, Sancta Maria hospital is passionate about putting the patient first and we are committed to developing a five-star hospital which will set new standards in clinical care and patient experience in South West Wales.
This is an exciting time to be a part of the team at Sancta Maria Hospital as we have recently opened our brand-new state-of-the-art private hospital situated in the SA1 area of Swansea.
This role requires excellent IT skills with a sound knowledge of Excel formulas and functions and experience of data analysis and reporting. This role would be suitable for an accounting graduate or someone studying towards a professional accountancy qualification.
- Analysing multiple sets of data from various accounting/financial systems to produce relevant analysis and summary reports
- Work with the Financial and Commercial Manager to develop, implement and manage departmental Management Information, across all the departments within the hospital
- Assist with the month end review process proactively suggesting areas where further analysis is needed
- Highlight, analyse, suggest mitigation and monitor all issues of financial performance, liaising with service providers where appropriate and working with them to promote continuous improvement
- Deputise for the Financial and Commercial Manager and represent the team as required in meetings
- Encourage best practice and ensure value for money to HMT at all times
- Contribute to the construction of budgets and forecasts
- Produce accurate regular and one-off reports as requested
- Deep dive data sets to ensure reporting conforms to other output sources
- Assist with weekly/monthly KPI reporting
- To carry out any other appropriate tasks as directed by the Financial and Commercial Manager
- Proficient in using and reporting from Compucare 8
HMT recognises that its staff represent the single most important lever in delivering quality care and change as care and treatments evolve. For these reasons and because of our ethical framework as a charity, we aspire to make HMT the employer of choice within the area.
At HMT Sancta Maria Hospital you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a developed workforce which has the appropriate time to care for their patients. We want our people to be skilled, motivated, informed and engaged to perform their roles to the highest standard. Once you’re part of our team, we’ll also be working with you to ensure that the work you do with us remains challenging and engaging throughout your career as you develop and progress.
- Enhanced pay for unsociable hours
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Workplace pension
- On-going training and development
- Quality work environment
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Long Service Recognition
- Wellbeing Programmes
- Team Working
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Full Job Description can be downloaded below.
To apply, please download the below HMT application form and upload it via the 'APPLY NOW' button.
HMT reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
Following the closing date, you will only be contacted should you be shortlisted for interview.
This post subject to Disclosure and Barring Services Disclosure.