HMT Sancta Maria Hospital are recruiting!
We are currently recruiting a Bank Facilities Operatives to join our small but busy facilities team to support a range of duties including patient Portering, security, and general maintenance within the hospital.
We are only private hospital in Swansea offering a wide range of procedures carried out by a number of our leading consultants. As a not-for-profit organisation, Sancta Maria hospital is passionate about putting the patient first.
This is a BANK post to cover annual leave, sickness, and support busy periods within the hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team ensuring a high standard of planned/reactive maintenance for the Hospital, to ensure no disruption to hospital services.
- Undertake the day-to-day planned maintenance routine duties and repairs, checks and testing of the complete spectrum of services found in a clinical building environment.
- Undertake weekly fire alarm & sprinkler testing.
- Undertake backup generator full load testing
- Liaise with the Facilities Helpdesk / interact with work allocation procedures for daily work plan/issues including assisting with communications with the ward/departments on progress of jobs.
- To assist with the provision of Hospital-wide portering services to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered
- To be responsible for the removal of hospital general waste, laundry, clinical waste and Sharps disposal bins from the Ward, Theatre and Outpatients Departments and for the safe disposal according to Hospital Policy
- To be responsible for the checking and changing of oxygen cylinders on a twice daily basis and to ensure safe storage of medical gases and liaise with Facilities Manager for re-ordering to ensure gas stores are fully stocked
- To transfer and deliver goods to and from designated areas
- Ensure the safety and security of all persons and properties at the Hospital.
- Ensure all security policies and procedures of HMT are followed and adhered to.
- Carry out patrols as requested.
- Provide a prompt response to any security incidents in line with the SOP’s.
- To monitor CCTV systems and intruder alarm, ensuring all equipment is operational and any faults are reported immediately to the relative contractor.
HMT recognises that its staff represent the single most important lever in delivering quality care and change as care and treatments evolve. For these reasons and because of our ethical framework as a charity, we aspire to make HMT the employer of choice within the area.
At HMT Sancta Maria Hospital you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a developed workforce which has the appropriate time to care for their patients. We want our people to be skilled, motivated, informed and engaged to perform their roles to the highest standard. Once you’re part of our team, we’ll also be working with you to ensure that the work you do with us remains challenging and engaging throughout your career as you develop and progress.
- Enhanced pay for unsociable hours
- Workplace pension
- On-going training and development
- Quality work environment
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Wellbeing Programmes
- Team Working
Full Job Description can be downloaded below.
This is a BANK post and therefore has no guaranteed hours.
To apply, please download the below HMT application form and upload it via the \'APPLY NOW\' button.
HMT reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
Following the closing date, you will only be contacted should you be shortlisted for interview.
This post subject to Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).