We have an exciting opportunity for a Outpatient Billing Officer to join our finance team at Sancta Maria Hospital.
Working as part of the finance team you will be based within our busy Outpatients department and will be responsible for raising all outpatient related invoices for Sancta Maria Hospital to ensure that outpatient invoices are produced in an accurate and timely manner .
This patient facing role will involve taking payments from patients and allocation of payments to patients accounts along with the development of appropriate systems and processes to ensure adequate financial controls are in place.
This role will work with other members of the Billing Team as well as providing administrative support to the Outpatients department. The role sits within the HMT Finance Team but will be based at Sancta Maria Hospital in Swansea.
This is an exciting time to join the team at Sancta Maria Hospital as we have recently opened our brand new state of the art Hospital in the SA1 area of Swansea
Skills and competencies
- Excellent Customer Service skills and experience
- Practical knowledge of administration processes
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- High standard of accuracy
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Data Inputting
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in Healthcare
HMT recognises that its staff represent the single most important lever in delivering quality care and change as care and treatments evolve. For these reasons and because of our ethical framework as a charity, we aspire to make HMT the employer of choice within the area.
At HMT Sancta Maria Hospital you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a developed workforce which has the appropriate time to care for their patients. We want our people to be skilled, motivated, informed and engaged to perform their roles to the highest standard. Once you’re part of our team, we’ll also be working with you to ensure that the work you do with us remains challenging and engaging throughout your career as you develop and progress.
- Enhanced pay for unsociable hours
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Workplace pension
- On-going training and development
- Quality work environment
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Long Service Recognition
- Wellbeing Programmes
- Team Working
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Full Job Description can be downloaded below.
To apply, please download the below HMT application form and upload it via the 'APPLY NOW' button.
HMT reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
Following the closing date, you will only be contacted should you be shortlisted for interview.
This post subject to Disclosure and Barring Services Disclosure.